To create a vacation message, follow these steps:
1) Log in to webmail at https://webmail.northcarolina.edu
2) Enter your username and password
3) Click On the options menu on the left sidebar.
4) Click "Filters"
5) On the top of the screen click "Vacation"
6) Set the day you are leaving and the day before you return. The dates set are inclusive, meaning the message will send starting at 12:01am on the start date and ending at 11:59pm on the end date. This means that if you set it for the day you return, people will continue getting messages that day.
7) Enter your Vacation subject and Vacation Message. These are what people emailing you will receive in response to their emails to you.
8) Click "Save and Activate"
Thats it. The message will auto-disable upon your return, so you don't have to worry about turning it off.