1. The fiscal year ends on June 30th and all obligations should be liquidated by the end of the fiscal year; the State and its departments and institutions are on a cash basis.
• The State of
• Periodic allotments as prescribed by the Office of State Budget and Management (OSBM) provide funds for the payment of salaries and other operating expenses as due. No commitments are to be made which will overdraw the allotment for the period or that will overdraw the budget subhead against which the commitment is made.
• All state contracts for supplies and materials and equipment are made with definite times for payments.
• All invoices must be settled in accordance with the provisions of the contract under which the purchases were made.
2. Voucher registers for June should cover payments for all invoices for which goods have been received, all payrolls and all other obligations which are in order for liquidation during the fiscal year being closed.
3. It is not permissible to liquidate obligations due in one fiscal year out of the appropriations made for a preceding or a following fiscal year.
4. The State Controller's Office and State Treasurer's Offices will keep the books open into July in order to properly close out all June business. Special memorandum will be issued annually designating specific closing dates.