1. If a Travel Authorization is required (see ACT Pol 4.0), the traveler prepares the Travel Authorization
form with the correct departmental approval signatures (see ACT Exh 4.0a). The traveler keeps the copy
and forwards the original to the Accounting Office PRIOR to the intended travel.
2. The following information is completed on the Travel Authorization form:
• Date Submitted - current date
• Department or Division - department or division of the person requesting Travel Authorization
• Traveler's Name and Title - the name and position of the person requesting Travel Authorization
• Period Beginning - Period Ending - the dates the travel period begins and ends
• Travel to - the destination
• For Purpose of - a description of the travel
• Advance Requested - mark the box if an advance is requested
• PeopleSoft Chartfield - specify where expense should be charged
• Marks the appropriate box(s) for:
• Pay Advance Registration - amount needed if advance registration is required
• Payable to - to whom the advance registration check is to be made payable
• Estimated Cost - estimated cost by type
• Lodging - amount if excess lodging is requested
• Registration - amount if registration fee is requested
• Explanation of Excessive Amounts Being Requested - describe the need for excess lodging
and registration if applicable
• Traveler's Signature - signature of person requesting travel authorization
• Department or Division Head - signature of immediate supervisor, or the department or division
head if applicable
• Designated Official's Signature - for all out-of-state travel, and excess lodging or registration.
(see ACT Pol 4.0)
3. After completion of the Travel Authorization form, including all departmental or division approvals,
it is submitted to the Accounting Office.
4. Approval by Designated Official’s Signature - Controller or other designated official. Required after form is complete and signed by traveler and department / division head, as appropriate.
5. Accounting emails the approved Travel Authorization Form to the department.
6. If the applicant is requesting an advance, the department requests a Travel Advance through WebTravel.
7. A check is issued approximately five (5) days before the travel date.
8. Accounting monitors and reconciles the PeopleSoft Travel Advance Chartfield.