1. Input into the FRS is categorized into seven different transaction types. Particular transactions within these type categories are tagged with a two-digit transaction code/entry code. This transaction code is printed on the transaction portion of the monthly account statement to help identify the reason the transaction was processed.
2. Maintenance transactions are those used to create and modify non-dollar data within an account. For example, they are used to create an account, to change an attribute, or to set a system operating flag. The entry codes for these transactions are 01-19 except for 10. Transaction code 10 is used to identify the batch header record into data input. These transactions do not appear on the FBM091 reports.
3. The various budget transactions for original budget, budget revisions, future year budget, etc., are identified by transaction codes 20-29. (See item 8 below)
4. Cash receipts are identified by transaction code 31.
5. Most cash disbursements and credit memos enter the accounts payable system under that system's transaction code requirements. When they are passed to the accounting system they are given transaction code 48. Some cash disbursements and credit memos are manually entered into the system. These are identified by transaction code 41. Cancelled checks are normally identified by transaction code 43. (See item 8 below)
6. Encumbrance transactions use transaction code 50 and 59. Encumbrances carried forward to the next budget year are identified by a unique 5X code, which is determined at year-end. (See item 8 below)
7. Journal entry transactions are those where both the debit and credit account numbers must be entered since the system cannot determine the accounts to use. The transaction code used is 60. If the entry is a compound journal entry (unequal number of debit or credit entries but equal debit and credit dollars) the code is 69.
8. Transaction Entry Codes as they are used on the FBM091 Report are as follows:
20 Budget Entry to Affect Original and Revised
21 Revised Budget
22 Budget Transfer
29 Future Year Budget
31 All Cash Receipts
48 Accounts Payable Disbursement
41 Manual Check Disbursement
42 UNC-CH Payroll Reimbursement
43 Cancelled Check
46 Cash Management Transfer
50 Encumbrance - Will Not Reject Over budget Condition
5X Encumbrance Carried Forward
59 Encumbrance - Will Reject Over budget Condition
Cash Journal Entries
60 Journal Entry
69 Compound Journal Entry
Accrual system transaction codes are used in the accrual files to identify 13th month activity for reporting purposes.
98 GL 4xxx, 5xxx Beginning Balance
67 Accrual Journal Entry
68 Reversal Journal Entry