l. The following are received from Purchasing:
• Purchase Requisition: Accounts Payable copy (white)
• Purchase Order: Accounts Payable copy (yellow)
2. FRS encumbrances are entered using information on the purchase order. Vendors are input to the FRS system using the following standards.
a. Vendor name is limited to 20 characters.
b. Vendors commonly known by initials may be entered as such.
Ex. IBM CORP, NCR CORP
c. The following abbreviations should be used in the vendor name:
• State Postal abbreviations (NC, SC, FL, etc.)
• ASSOC Association
• CORP Corporation
• CO Company
• CTR Center
• DEPT Department
• INC Incorporated
• LTD Limited
• SRV Service(s)
• UNIV University
• US United States
• & and
d. Government offices should begin with the State abbreviation. Ex. NC DEPT OF
e. Periods and commas should not be used in the vendor name.
Ex. W H BROWNE
f. No titles should be used in the vendor name. Ex.
3. Batches are formed and a batch control sheet is prepared. The forms and batch control sheets are sent to data control for input to Financial Records System. An encumbrance may be entered into the FRS system directly from the purchase order. A batch control sheet is still required.
4. The Accounts Payable copy of the purchase requisition and the Accounts Payable copy of the purchase order are filed in the open purchase order file until matched with an invoice and receiving report.
6. Daily proofs are received for the previous day's encumbrance entries. Errors are corrected. CPTV corrects any errors concerning their accounts, other than data entry errors.
7. Items are liquidated by the Accounts Payable system when invoices reference an existing purchase order and are paid by computer generated checks or manual checks.