Documentation should be included for hotel and other expenses except for meals and baggage tips. Lodging
reimbursement requires a receipt of actual expenses from a commercial lodging establishment. Reimbursement
requests should not exceed the applicable per diem allowance unless excess expense was approved prior to
The following should be completed on the Request for Reimbursement of Travel and Other Expenses:
• Department or Institution - department of the traveler
• Payee's Name - traveler's name
• Payee's Address - traveler's address
• Period covered by this Voucher - beginning and ending dates of travel
• Division - traveler's division
• Title - traveler's title
• Date - current date
• Headquarters - duty station of traveler
• Total Cost - total cost of trip
• Less Advance - less any advance if applicable
• Reimbursement - equals the reimbursement due the traveler or the refund due General Administration.
• Travel Authorization number and date - if applicable
• Travel Day - dates of each trip during the period covered for reimbursement
• From-To - destinations covered by the Request for Reimbursement (You need to enter the
time of departure and arrival at each destination to determine meal
• Transportation Mode - example private and rental car, air, other
• Daily Private Mileage Amount ($0.535 per mile less than 100 mile round trip per day and $0.17 per mile over 100 mile round trip per day)
• Daily Subsistence - not to exceed per diem (see ACT Pol 4.0)
• Daily Other expenses - explanation - example: parking, baggage tips, taxis
• Amount - cost of the other expenses
2. The traveler keeps the copy of Form BD 403 and submits the original with proper receipts, signed by
the traveler and approved by the department head, to the Services Office.
3. Accounting reviews the Request for Reimbursement for accuracy, fills in the Travel Authorization number if applicable and adds the accounts to be charged in the object code section.
4. If a reimbursement is due to the traveler, a check is issued, with the amounts charged to specific
object codes calculated from the difference between the estimated costs on the Travel Authorization form and the actual costs on the Request for Reimbursement. The check is sent to the traveler's department.
5. If a reimbursement is due to General Administration, the traveler sends a check to the Services
Office, payable to UNC - General Administration.
6. Accounting deposits the check to the appropriate PeopleSoft Charfield.
Breakfast $ 8.30 $ 8.30
Lunch $ 10.90 $ 10.90
Dinner $ 18.70 $ 21.30
Lodging (actual, up to) $ 67.30 $ 79.50
Total $105.20 $120.00